commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Moving to Git...
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2013 21:48:35 GMT
On 10/10/2013 22:41, James Carman wrote:
> And how did we establish that git will not address those concerns?

It has not been established that the choice of git vs. svn is the
biggest blocker to attracting attention and contributors.

I would suggest that a lack of releases is a much greater barrier. Folks
who contribute patches do so because they want to see them in a release.
If there are no releases (and looking back for the past 6 months there
have been very few releases considering the number of components in
commons) then, frankly, a move to git is largely irrelevant. What it
will do little is distract what little effort there is going into
releases making the overall problem worse not better.

Mark