commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release JCI 1.1 based on RC1
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 20:50:22 GMT
Le 09/10/2013 19:33, Gary Gregory a écrit :

> - There is no Clirr report which makes it impossible to determine if
> binary compatibility has been preserved or broken. I do not think I
> can vote without this report.

I generated a compatibility report with the Java API Compliance Checker:

http://people.apache.org/~ebourg/JCI-1.1RC1/compat_report.html

Some comments on the results:

- Most of the incompatibilities are related to the removal of the javac
compiler (FileInputStreamProxy, FileOutputStreamProxy, Javac*)

- The public constructors of JaninoCompilationProblem changed, this
class shouldn't be instantiated outside of JCI so the impact is negligible.

Emmanuel Bourg