commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@hoplahup.net>
Subject Re: [CHALLENGE] Move All of Commons to the Dormant
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2013 05:59:34 GMT
Le 15 oct. 2013 à 07:33, Dave Brosius <dbrosius@apache.org> a écrit :
> I couldn't disagree more. Dormant/attic means the project has leprosy. I don't know the
answer to this, but wondering, has there ever been a commit to an attic'ed project? I personally
would never think of doing that.

As probably the only person that "supports"' Jelly, a dormant to be for sure, I find the word
leprosy outrageous.

I am happy to stay on list, I even read posts regularly, but I cannot find time or motivation
to fix bugs or do new releases. I respond to any Jelly question I find.

Jelly has gone 1.0 and is in use here and there.
I would expect users to be interested to make it advance to come to jira and suggest fixes;
I am happy to negotiate them and apply them, and maybe, if things get excited, there might
be a release one day.

However, moving it to a place where you would never commit would sign its death.

Paul

PS: there's a zillion software units not in active development running in your own computer
and they do their job.
PPS: is this thread the thread I should find instructions with to make sure Jelly is not retired?
That's not what I have seen but I fear having missed something.