commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@hoplahup.net>
Subject Re: [CHALLENGE] Move All of Commons to the Dormant
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2013 06:45:42 GMT
Phil,

> The proposal is not to move it anywhere, just designate it as
> dormant so people know no one is currently working on it.  Honestly,
> it is basically *acknowledging* its currently dead state.

Absolutely!

> If you intend to work on it, you can commit to the svn file hen posted top
> of this thread.  If you disagree with the whole idea of designating
> things as dormant, you can state that here.  I don't get the
> awfulness of saying something is dormant.  Says nothing about the
> quality or usefulness or whether someone might pick it up later -
> just nobody is working on it now.

I did not say I am against dormant. On the contrary, the term is perfectly chosen.
(in French, this word is mostly used in the tale of sleeping beauty, la belle au bois dormant).

I was against "leprosy". Also I would fight against anything that would prevent new commits.

Also, can someone answer the question about the CHallenge being properly open in file:
  CHALLENGE.txt<https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/trunks-proper/CHALLENGE.txt>
Someone mentioned changing the place but was that done?

thanks

Paul