commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ajo Fod <ajo....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Math] Could StatUtils use a method to find the index of the maximum value.
Date Sat, 21 Sep 2013 18:10:57 GMT
Yes, MathArrays is probably better than StatUtils.

I've historically needed it for things like processing the biggest/smallest
few elements of an array till some cost metric is satisfied or finding the
N'th element.

Technically making a TreeList from the Double elements is a close
substitute, and could be used to do something similar, but this is a lot
less code and duplicates are not swallowed.

-Ajo.