commons-dev mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [OGNL] Make use of logging?
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 06:46:29 GMT
2013/9/3 Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com>:
> I found 11 uses of e.printStackTrace and think its pretty bad.
> Including OgnlException overwrites printStackTrace and writes to
> System.err for some reason.
>
> In addition there are a lot of System.out's, but those are all commented
> and seem to have served debugging purposes.
>
> I believe small libs like OGNL should not have logging at all, but it
> seems some of the logging here might make sense. I am tending to enable
> slf4j, which is already used in the testing scope. Once done we should
> use the logging methods for System.out and printStackTrace.

Why not Log4j or commons-logging?

And it's really annoying to have different logging libs in the same
project just because dependency uses that particular one - I like
Struts2 way where you can choose what logging library you want to use.
I don't know if developing additional thin layer is a huge problem -
we can copy paste from S2 ;-)

Regards
--
Ɓukasz