commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Bernd Eckenfels" <e...@zusammenkunft.net>
Subject Re: [VFS] Support for File System Roots?
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2013 22:53:06 GMT
Am 28.08.2013, 00:36 Uhr, schrieb Roger L. Whitcomb
<Roger.Whitcomb@actian.com>:
> The reason I think this is necessary is that, in order to do browsing of
> all the files in a system, you need to be able to get to all the
> relevant top-level locations.  And for Samba (for a non-obvious
> example), there typically will be multiple shared folders on a system
> that you might want to pick from.

I also can imagine some providers having multiple instances (for example
two ram filesystems). Today I think this can only be done with different
schema prefix ram1: and ram2: or with having a instance in the fsoptions.
But in both cases a enumeration of those different instances is not yet
supported without the root getter.

Gruss
Bernd