commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Bernd Eckenfels" <e...@zusammenkunft.net>
Subject [VFS] canCreateFileSystem("directory.jar/")
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2013 21:31:22 GMT
Hello,

I want to use the VFSClassLoader on JAR files and Directories (to provide
resources). My problem is, that some directories are exploded archives and
have a name with a .jar extension.

The addFileObjects() of the VFSClassLoader uses canCreateFileSystem() to
detect, if for a given file is a overlay which can read its content.
However this method uses FileTypeMap#getScheme(file) which does look at
the mimetype and extension of the file name, but not if it is actually a
file.

I think VFSClassLoader can check for hasContent() but I think that the
solution should actually somewhere in canCreateFileSystem() as I could
image there is a overlay filesystem which maps a directory into a
filesystem (think .git).

Any ideas? Should I provide a patch for VFSClassLoader only to start with?

Gruss
Bernd