commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Bernd Eckenfels" <e...@zusammenkunft.net>
Subject [VFS] Skipped Tests and missing test-data while implementing own provider
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2013 21:09:31 GMT
Hello,

in my new VFS2 Providers I managed to use the abstract testing framework
 from the org.apache.commons:commons-vfs2:tests package. However I have two
problems with that.

First of all, I am not sure how to provide the local test-data directory
based on the Apache JAR file. Right now I have checked in the
src/test/resources/test-data/ directory in my project, but I want to avoid
this.

Secondly, some of the tests require quite a lot of capabilities. I noticed
that because my Provider passed all the tests but was not yet finished.
For example I dont have LIST_CHILDREN (yet) which skips all the
ProviderWriteTests.

There really should be more fine grained tests. (I noticed some commented
out code to print the skiped tests, should we maybe enable that with a
property so you can use it in your own providers to check the amount of
skiped tests?)

I had a look at JUnit, but it seems not to bee too easy to dynamically
mark a test skipped (I would have expected a specual exception). We would
have to provide a special runner. What are you thinking?

Gruss
Bernd

PS: sorry for all those mails :)