commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject [csv] ExtendedBufferedReader class name
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 16:47:05 GMT
We have:

/**
 * A special reader decorator which supports more sophisticated access to
the underlying reader object.
 * <p>
 * In particular the reader supports a look-ahead option, which allows you
to see the next char returned by
 * {@link #read()}.
 *
 * @version $Id: ExtendedBufferedReader.java 1509069 2013-08-01 02:04:27Z
ggregory $
 */
final class ExtendedBufferedReader extends BufferedReader { ... }

I could see this class being called LookAheadBufferedReader.

To me, ExtendedBufferedReader (or CSVBufferedReader) says "this is a class
we are dumping whatever we need to get [csv] to work as we best see fit"

Thoughts?

Gary

Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/