commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MATH] Changes detected - recompiling the module!
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2013 10:15:13 GMT
On 19 July 2013 01:49, Gilles <gilles@harfang.homelinux.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 01:10:23 +0100, sebb wrote:
>>
>> Unfortunately the change to package_info.java has uncovered a bug in
>> the incremental compiler:
>>
>> https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MCOMPILER-205
>>
>> This slows up retesting.
>>
>> Two possible workrounds:
>> - exclude the  package_info.java  files from compilation
>> - add something to the files so that the compiler generates a class file
>>
>> If we are sure that the  package_info.java files are javadoc only, the
>> first method is quite easy to implement (e.g. see NET pom.xml)
>>

> We switched to "package-info.java" quite some time ago already, but
> this problem appeared recently:
>   http://markmail.org/message/zjkezy62tf2jwue5
>
> In the interval, everything was still fine. There must have been another
> change that entailed the visibility of the bug for the Commons Math build.

Looks like the change to 3.x caused the issue.

2.5.1 is OK, it just recompiles the 62 package_info files each time
(which is relatively quick).

I suppose it might be worth reverting.

It would certainly be worth making the compiler version a property in
CP because it could then easily be overridden for testing - at the
moment it's hard coded.