commons-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [proxy] and impl
Date Sun, 28 Jul 2013 17:04:40 GMT
Interesting patch. I have some questions and comments:

- You'd additionally need to make sure the impl class is non-final, no?
- note to others that asm4-shaded is used because asm didn't change
packages from v3. Good to see this in use; I hadn't kept track after
submitting that patch.  ;-)
- Would you explain the purpose of the AsmFacade class? Much of the "nuts
and bolts" work of the patch seems quite different from what I perceive as
"typical asm client code."

Back to the subject of cglib, do you expect this implementation should
significantly outperform it for any reason ( if so, which? ), or is the
main motivation that cglib is almost dead as you say?

Thanks and regards,
Matt
On Jul 28, 2013 10:58 AM, "Romain Manni-Bucau" <rmannibucau@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> here is a patch implementing proxying using ASM:
> https://gist.github.com/rmannibucau/6099063
>
> having the handlers used by default in ProxyFactory protected would avoid
> to copy them in ASMProxyFactory.
>
> *Romain Manni-Bucau*
> *Twitter: @rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau>*
> *Blog: **http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/*<http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/>
> *LinkedIn: **http://fr.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau*
> *Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau*
>
>
>
> 2013/7/28 Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com>
>
>> Cglib is "almost" dead if i'm right, javassist is alive but not that
>> stable and owb is faster ATM and at least would bring an Apache impl
>> adapted to [proxy].
>>
>> Note: the fact to be able to reuse InvocationHandler and not a new API is
>> great too
>> Le 27 juil. 2013 20:13, "Matt Benson" <gudnabrsam@gmail.com> a écrit :
>>
>> AFAIK Mark Struberg's work on the OWB proxies could be instructive, and
>>> since I've just spent several weeks in ASM hell I might just be a bit of
>>> use there myself. The only thing is, isn't cglib built on ASM as well?
>>> The
>>> dynamic nature of the various proxy helpers means that we probably
>>> couldn't
>>> really improve on cglib, i.e. only if we could test invocation matching
>>> up
>>> front while creating the proxy class would we be faster.
>>>
>>> Matt
>>> On Jul 27, 2013 12:22 PM, "Romain Manni-Bucau" <rmannibucau@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> > Hehe, we benched in owb but lets wait the porting ;)
>>> > Le 27 juil. 2013 16:49, "James Carman" <james@carmanconsulting.com>
a
>>> > écrit :
>>> >
>>> > > On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 10:34 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau
>>> > > <rmannibucau@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> > > > Once ill have done the monitoring stuff ill try to work on it.
>>> > >
>>> > > What would be really cool is to have a "smackdown" once we get ASM
>>> > > into the mix to see which one performs the best and exactly how fast
>>> > > they are compared to one another.
>>> > >
>>> > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> > > To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org
>>> > > For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@commons.apache.org
>>> > >
>>> > >
>>> >
>>>
>>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message