commons-dev mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DBCP] DBCP2 and logging
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2013 16:53:27 GMT
@gary: yes but since slf4j is designed as an API that's more logical (but
not important for this thread)

about "slf4j is better supported": since it is more widely used (i don't
judge) and it is easier to isolate slf4j it is generally easier to use
slf4j (i particularly speak of TomEE case but i saw it on some more
containers)

the main issue of CL was the classloader handling (last time i tested with
1.1.1). I agree we can still hack it but since there are alternative i
don't see the need (+ other containers will probably not do)

*Romain Manni-Bucau*