commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <benerit...@gmail.com>
Subject [OT] Becoming a contributor for an ASF project (Was: Re: [VOTE] Release of Commons Collections 4.0-alpha1 based on RC2)
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2013 11:57:12 GMT
Hi Ansuhl,

cool that you want to join commons! You already did the first step required
for becoming a contributor: subscribe to the dev ML.

Contribution can happen in several ways: Discussing the current state of
the components on the ML, improving documentation, reporting bugs and most
important creating patches.

There is some documentation online on how start:
- How the ASF works [1]
- Getting involed [2]
- Contributing patches for Commons [3]

You should read through the docs and come back with any questions you have.
And then it's time to get your hands dirty and start working on open issues
;-)

HTH,
Benedikt

[1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html