commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [compress][VFS] Tar Archiver
Date Sat, 20 Jul 2013 05:17:15 GMT
On 2013-07-20, dam6923 . wrote:

> I am a big fan of the commons VFS and commons compress libraries.  I
> use them a lot of work and have been real time savers.  Having dug
> through the code of commons compress, I noticed a big "TODO" comment
> about the TarInputStream#skip() method.  I have corrected the issue
> and the performance boost, as measured on my machine, is exceptional.

I plan to look into your patch over the weekend.

> What else needs to be done on the COMPRESS library to get it ready for
> a new release?

We've started to implement 7z and in a branch even LZMA support.  I'm
not sure whether Damjan want's to extend what we already have but in an
ideal world there'd be a XZ for Java release so we can merge the branch
and deal with "normal" 7z archives and read LZMA standalone files.

Stefan