commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Becksfort, Jared" <Jared.Becksf...@STJUDE.ORG>
Subject RE: [Math] Cleaning up the curve fitters
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2013 20:27:07 GMT

and (b) demonstrated better on at least some domains is partially >procedural, but it hinges
on technical factors.

>I think that Ajo is being very reserved here.  When I faced similar discouragement in
the past with commons math contributions, I simply went elsewhere.

>It still seems to me that it would serve CM well to pay more attention to Ajo's comments
and suggestions.  Simply saying that we should focus on technical >discussion when CM's
list is filled with esthetic arguments really just sounds like a way of pushing people away.

Hello,

I have only contributed a few patches, and I see that there is argument about whether this
thread should even be about anything other than technical issues, but I figured I would at
least chime in.

I found the submission process to be more difficult than I expected, but I also think the
code turned out better because of it.  I was actually pretty impressed and surprised at the
level of scrutiny and quickness of responses, and it gives me a better feeling about using
the library as a user.  If my patches were outright rejected, though, I might feel differently.
 I don't know the history of Ajo's issue or his code, so I can't comment about it specifically.

Jared

Consultation Disclaimer:  www.stjude.org/consultationdisclaimer