commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1506488 - in /commons/proper/pool/trunk/src: main/java/org/apache/commons/pool2/ main/java/org/apache/commons/pool2/impl/ test/java/org/apache/commons/pool2/impl/
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2013 10:41:37 GMT
On 24/07/2013 11:37, markt@apache.org wrote:
> Author: markt
> Date: Wed Jul 24 10:37:09 2013
> New Revision: 1506488

> Log:
> Make PooledObject an interface so it can be used in the Factory implementations.

In case anyone is wondering where I am heading with this, this is a step
towards fixing DBCP-156.

By making the pooled object available to the factory, the factory can
implement a validation rule along the lines of "no object older than x
hours". That particular rule could be implemented by the factory keeping
track of every object and its creation time but since the PooledObject
already has the information I think it makes sense to re-use it and keep
all the pooled object state information in one place. It also allows for
more complex state based validation rules.

Mark