commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject [math] exposing getNatural and shuffle from RandomDataGenerator
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 03:40:42 GMT
I would like to use getNatural and shuffle from RandomDataGenerator
outside of that class (inside [math] I need to efficiently generate
random n-m partitions of {0, ..., n + m - 1}).  I think getNatural
could go into MathArrays and shuffle could just be exposed by
RandomDataGenerator.  Any objections to making these public?  (I
promise to rewrite the javadoc for getNatural so it makes sense to
non-logicians and I would even be OK with renaming it ;)

Phil