commons-dev mailing list archives

From James Carman <James_Car...@gap.com>
Subject [proxy] Package Dependency Cycles...
Date Sat, 27 Jul 2013 01:22:52 GMT
We currently have some package cycles according to Sonar.  The org.apache.commons.proxy2 (I'm
working in the branch) package depends on the org.apache.commons.proxy2.interceptor package
(and vice versa) because of its use of the NullInvoker class to create "null objects."  Since
we have a little bit of leeway here (we're bumping major versions), we have the opportunity
to clean this up.  Perhaps we remove the utility methods from ProxyUtils (we aren't using
it)?  Perhaps we just make NullInvoker a private static inner class of ProxyUtils and keep
the utility methods?  What say you?