commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ALL] What is the correct process for promoting components from sandbox to proper (was: Re: svn commit: r1494980 - in /commons: proper/commons-gpg-plugin/ sandbox/commons-gpg-plugin/)
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2013 15:53:51 GMT
On 21 June 2013 16:34, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
> I prefer the distinct separation between sandbox and proper (although I've never understood
why the word "proper" was chosen).

+1

> As for moving components I would suggest starting a DISCUSS thread and then, if appropriate,
move to a vote thread.

Not sure a discuss thread is always necessary.

It's used in the Incubator where it's quite likely that there will be
changes suggested, e.g. to podling proposals.

But for many other situations a discuss thread ends up being just like
a vote, except it then has to be repeated as a vote.

If a vote is started, and it becomes clear that the proposal is not
ready, then it's easy enough to cancel it to have the discussion.

It should be up to the proposer whether they think a prior discussion
is necessary.
If they get it wrong, no big deal, it can be corrected.