commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CHAIN] Thoughts about o.a.c.chain2.Chain, o.a.c.chain2.Command and the base classes
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2013 11:42:50 GMT
> I'm not sure if we need ABORTED. What is the difference between COMPLETE
> and ABORTED from the PoV of the Chain? Chain defines an algorithm for
> processing and I currently don't see how ABORTED fits in there.

OTOH I see some potential here:

 * COMPLETE: all chain commands have completed their execution;

 * ABORTED: the process got interrupted in a step of the chain because
of an error/exception

Exceptions can be handled in the way you proposed some emails ago via
an exception listener.

Sounds like you have a lot of meat to put on the grill, looking
forward to see patches/commits about it!!! :)

-Simo

http://twitter.com/simonetripodi