commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [math] On MATH-995: Problems with LegendreGaussQuadrature class.
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2013 17:54:14 GMT
Ted,

>> Did you read my other (rather more lengthy) post?  Is that
>> "jumping"?
>>

> Yes.  You jumped on him rather than helped him be productive.  The
> general
> message is "we have something in the works, don't bother us with your
> ideas".

Then please read all the messages pertaining to those issues more
carefully:
I never wrote such a thing (neither now nor in the past).
I pointed to a potential problem in the usage of the CM code.
I pointed (several times and in details) to problems in candidate
contributions,
with arguments that go well beyond "bad formatting".
I pointed out how we could improve the functionality _together_ (i.e.
by using
what we have, instead of throwing it out without even trying to figure
out how
good or bad it is).

IMHO, these were all valid suggestions to be productive in helping CM
to become
better, instead of merely larger. The former indeed requires more
effort than
the latter.

Gilles