commons-dev mailing list archives

From Adrien Grand <jpou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Commons sorting?
Date Fri, 03 May 2013 15:29:31 GMT
Hi Matt,

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 4:30 PM, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@gmail.com> wrote:
> Without putting too much importance on what I, personally, think, know that
> any ASF committer can have access to hack on a Commons-style library in our
> sandbox, just by asking for it.  From my personal POV, I'm not sure if what
> we're talking about sounds like it has enough "surface area" to warrant a
> separate component, but getting everything in place would allow the
> community to make the decision of whether a separate component is in order,
> or if perhaps this code might live comfortably in e.g. Commons [lang].

Thank you for your reply. Indeed there is little functionality so
inclusion into an existing component would make sense.

Following your advice, I propose to get the code into a separate
sandbox component so that everyone can have a look at the code and
later decide if this should be abandoned, promoted to an official
component or merged into an existing component. If that sounds good,
could someone give me commit access to commons/sandbox (my Apache id
is "jpountz")?

Regards,

--
Adrien