commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DBUTILS] Pre RC for DBUTILS-2.0
Date Sat, 11 May 2013 12:21:16 GMT
OK, then you need to keep 1.6 so we do not loose the history.

2.0 should also include all fixes from 1.6.

Do you plan on working on 2.0 and 1.6 in parallel? If not, I'd just finish
1.6, then do the big changes for 2.0, all from trunk.

Otherwise, you'll need a 1.6 branch and do 2.0 in trunk, or the other way
around. But eventually, I think we'll want 2.0 in trunk. You'd also need to
port any fixes you want for 1.6 from 2.0. Unless 1.6 is a more limited
release that will not carry applicable fixes from 2.0.

If it were me, I'd keep it simple and do 1.6, then 2.0, from trunk. ;)

Gary