commons-dev mailing list archives

From <Carsten.Friedr...@csiro.au>
Subject [beanutils] Bad performance of MethodUtils#getMatchingAccessibleMethod due to Logger use
Date Thu, 02 May 2013 02:44:50 GMT
I'm currently tracking down performance issues in a highly multi-threaded application which
heavily uses BeanUtils (1.8.3). I identified MethodUtils#getMatchingAccessibleMethod as a
major problem. Especially its call to

        Log log = LogFactory.getLog(MethodUtils.class);

for each invocation. In my environment, using log4j, this always involves a call to HashTable
which is synchronised. This causes a lot of waiting time in that call in my application.

Please consider using a static logger on class level rather than the new logger for each invocation
of MethodUtils#getMatchingAccessibleMethod.

Cheers,
Carsten