commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Staging site?
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2013 18:50:41 GMT
On 23 April 2013 19:25, Henri Yandell <flamefew@gmail.com> wrote:

> Looking at the site building docs, I could see how to modify the site
> (install a CMS plugin or just modify SVN and test locally, I went with the
> latter). My commit was then built by the buildbot.
>
> Where is the staging site to look at the buildbot output so I can then be
> happy pressing Publish? I couldn't see anything in the docs or the buildbot
> that seemed to link to such a thing.

If you use the CMS bookmarklet (it's not a plugin) it's one of the links
shown at the top of the page when you commit.
The link is to a protected private directory - e.g. [1] however that
redirects to a shared directory [2]

The ASF CMS docs could be updated with this info somewhere suitable.

[1]
https://cms.apache.org/commons/wc/edit/sebb-{ramdomtag}/trunk/content/xdoc/releases/prepare.xml?action=staged
[2] http://commons.staging.apache.org/releases/prepare.html

Hen