commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] What happened to the old javadocs report?
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2013 13:30:37 GMT
On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 8:40 AM, Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:

> Le 01/04/2013 13:49, Gary Gregory a écrit :
>
> > That is a shame because it is quite useful.
>
> Well, that depends on the target audience. For the developers it's
> indeed useful, but as part of the site for the average users it isn't
> very interesting.

I beg to differ. To me, clean reports -- Javadoc and others -- speak to the
level of attention to detail the developers have put in the code base.
Sloppy reports may be indicative of other sloppiness, or not, it's just a
possible signal.

Gary

Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/