commons-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons Math 3.2 - RC5
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2013 01:35:44 GMT
On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 2:58 PM, Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maisonobe@free.fr> wrote:

> Hi Gary,
>
> Le 04/04/2013 19:54, Gary Gregory a écrit :
> > +1.
> >
> > I do not see any blockers. There are two Checkstyle issues that would
> have
> > been easy to fix but that's not a show stopper IMO.
>
> I did not get any checkstyle issues. The report I get is
> <http://people.apache.org/~luc/commons-math-3.2-RC5-site/checkstyle.html>.
>

I built from the tag and got:
org/apache/commons/math3/random/RandomDataGenerator.javaViolationMessageLine[image:
Errors]File does not end with a newline.0
org/apache/commons/math3/stat/inference/GTest.javaViolationMessageLine[image:
Errors]File does not end with a newline.0 Gary


> >
> > The javancss reports blows up but that's probably a bug in javancss (see
> > below).
>
> Yes, this is a known cobertura problem ... The issue has been reported
> in 2010:
> <
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3089579&group_id=130558&atid=720015
> >.
>
> As Cobertura seems unmaintained, it will probably never be fixed.
>
> We *need* to drop cobertura from parent pom.
>
> Luc
>
> >
> > Gary
> >
> > [cobertura] WARN  [main]
> > net.sourceforge.cobertura.reporting.ComplexityCalculator - JavaNCSS got
> an
> > error while parsing the java file
> >
> C:\temp\rc\MATH_3_2_RC5\src\main\java\org\apache\commons\math3\linear\SingularValueDecomposition
> > .java
> > ParseException in STDIN
> > Last useful checkpoint:
> > "org.apache.commons.math3.linear.SingularValueDecomposition"
> > Encountered " <FLOATING_POINT_LITERAL> ".0 "" at line 56, column 42.
> > Was expecting one of:
> >     "instanceof" ...
> >     ";" ...
> >     "," ...
> >     ">" ...
> >     "<" ...
> >     "?" ...
> >     "==" ...
> >     "<=" ...
> >     ">=" ...
> >     "!=" ...
> >     "||" ...
> >     "&&" ...
> >     "++" ...
> >     "--" ...
> >     "+" ...
> >     "-" ...
> >     "*" ...
> >     "/" ...
> >     "&" ...
> >     "|" ...
> >     "^" ...
> >     "%" ...
> >     ">" ...
> >
> >
> > [cobertura] WARN  [main]
> > net.sourceforge.cobertura.reporting.ComplexityCalculator - JavaNCSS got
> an
> > error while parsing the java file
> >
> C:\temp\rc\MATH_3_2_RC5\src\main\java\org\apache\commons\math3\random\BitsStreamGenerator.java
> > ParseException in STDIN
> > Last useful checkpoint:
> > "org.apache.commons.math3.random.BitsStreamGenerator.nextDouble()"
> > Encountered " <FLOATING_POINT_LITERAL> ".0 "" at line 92, column 34.
> > Was expecting one of:
> >     "instanceof" ...
> >     ";" ...
> >     ">" ...
> >     "<" ...
> >     "?" ...
> >     "==" ...
> >     "<=" ...
> >     ">=" ...
> >     "!=" ...
> >     "||" ...
> >     "&&" ...
> >     "++" ...
> >     "--" ...
> >     "+" ...
> >     "-" ...
> >     "*" ...
> >     "/" ...
> >     "&" ...
> >     "|" ...
> >     "^" ...
> >     "%" ...
> >     ">" ...
> >
> >
> > [cobertura] WARN  [main]
> > net.sourceforge.cobertura.reporting.ComplexityCalculator - JavaNCSS got
> an
> > error while parsing the java file
> >
> C:\temp\rc\MATH_3_2_RC5\src\main\java\org\apache\commons\math3\transform\FastFourierTransformer.
> > java
> > ParseException in STDIN
> > Last useful checkpoint:
> > "org.apache.commons.math3.transform.FastFourierTransformer"
> > Encountered " <FLOATING_POINT_LITERAL> ".0 "" at line 65, column 19.
> > Was expecting one of:
> >     "instanceof" ...
> >     "}" ...
> >     "," ...
> >     ">" ...
> >     "<" ...
> >     "?" ...
> >     "==" ...
> >     "<=" ...
> >     ">=" ...
> >     "!=" ...
> >     "||" ...
> >     "&&" ...
> >     "++" ...
> >     "--" ...
> >     "+" ...
> >     "-" ...
> >     "*" ...
> >     "/" ...
> >     "&" ...
> >     "|" ...
> >     "^" ...
> >     "%" ...
> >     "," ...
> >     "," ...
> >     ">" ...
> >
> >
> > Report time: 10182ms
> >
> > [ERROR] net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.parser.ParseException:
> > Encountered " <FLOATING_POINT_LITERAL> ".0 "" at line 56, column 42.
> > Was expecting one of:
> >     "instanceof" ...
> >     ";" ...
> >     "," ...
> >     ">" ...
> >     "<" ...
> >     "?" ...
> >     "==" ...
> >     "<=" ...
> >     ">=" ...
> >     "!=" ...
> >     "||" ...
> >     "&&" ...
> >     "++" ...
> >     "--" ...
> >     "+" ...
> >     "-" ...
> >     "*" ...
> >     "/" ...
> >     "&" ...
> >     "|" ...
> >     "^" ...
> >     "%" ...
> >     ">" ...
> >
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.parser.JavaParser.generateParseException(JavaParser.java:10296)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.parser.JavaParser.jj_consume_token(JavaParser.java:10172)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.parser.JavaParser.FieldDeclaration(JavaParser.java:1719)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.parser.JavaParser.ClassBodyDeclaration(JavaParser.java:1114)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.parser.JavaParser.ClassBody(JavaParser.java:941)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.parser.JavaParser.UnmodifiedClassDeclaration(JavaParser.java:854)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.parser.JavaParser.ClassDeclaration(JavaParser.java:761)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.parser.JavaParser.TypeDeclaration(JavaParser.java:608)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.parser.JavaParser.CompilationUnit(JavaParser.java:353)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.parser.JavaParser.parse(JavaParser.java:137)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.Javancss._measureSource(Javancss.java:256)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.Javancss._measureRoot(Javancss.java:339)
> >         at
> > net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.Javancss.<init>(Javancss.java:419)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.reporting.ComplexityCalculator.getAccumlatedCCNForSource(ComplexityCalculator.java:102)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.reporting.ComplexityCalculator.getAccumlatedCCNForSingleFile(ComplexityCalculator.java:139)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.reporting.ComplexityCalculator.getCCNForSourceFileNameInternal(ComplexityCalculator.java:224)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.reporting.ComplexityCalculator.getCCNForPackageInternal(ComplexityCalculator.java:194)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.reporting.ComplexityCalculator.getCCNForProject(ComplexityCalculator.java:164)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.reporting.html.HTMLReport.generateTableRowForTotal(HTMLReport.java:704)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.reporting.html.HTMLReport.generateOverview(HTMLReport.java:336)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.reporting.html.HTMLReport.generateOverviews(HTMLReport.java:271)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.reporting.html.HTMLReport.<init>(HTMLReport.java:96)
> >         at
> > net.sourceforge.cobertura.reporting.Main.parseArguments(Main.java:105)
> >         at net.sourceforge.cobertura.reporting.Main.main(Main.java:174)
> > net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.parser.ParseException: Encountered "
> > <FLOATING_POINT_LITERAL> ".0 "" at line 92, column 34.
> > Was expecting one of:
> >     "instanceof" ...
> >     ";" ...
> >     ">" ...
> >     "<" ...
> >     "?" ...
> >     "==" ...
> >     "<=" ...
> >     ">=" ...
> >     "!=" ...
> >     "||" ...
> >     "&&" ...
> >     "++" ...
> >     "--" ...
> >     "+" ...
> >     "-" ...
> >     "*" ...
> >     "/" ...
> >     "&" ...
> >     "|" ...
> >     "^" ...
> >     "%" ...
> >     ">" ...
> >
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.parser.JavaParser.generateParseException(JavaParser.java:10296)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.parser.JavaParser.jj_consume_token(JavaParser.java:10172)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.parser.JavaParser.ReturnStatement(JavaParser.java:4591)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.parser.JavaParser.Statement(JavaParser.java:3838)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.parser.JavaParser.BlockStatement(JavaParser.java:3997)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.parser.JavaParser.Block(JavaParser.java:3947)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.parser.JavaParser.MethodDeclaration(JavaParser.java:2039)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.parser.JavaParser.ClassBodyDeclaration(JavaParser.java:1082)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.parser.JavaParser.ClassBody(JavaParser.java:941)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.parser.JavaParser.UnmodifiedClassDeclaration(JavaParser.java:854)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.parser.JavaParser.ClassDeclaration(JavaParser.java:761)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.parser.JavaParser.TypeDeclaration(JavaParser.java:608)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.parser.JavaParser.CompilationUnit(JavaParser.java:353)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.parser.JavaParser.parse(JavaParser.java:137)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.Javancss._measureSource(Javancss.java:256)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.Javancss._measureRoot(Javancss.java:339)
> >         at
> > net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.Javancss.<init>(Javancss.java:419)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.reporting.ComplexityCalculator.getAccumlatedCCNForSource(ComplexityCalculator.java:102)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.reporting.ComplexityCalculator.getAccumlatedCCNForSingleFile(ComplexityCalculator.java:139)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.reporting.ComplexityCalculator.getCCNForSourceFileNameInternal(ComplexityCalculator.java:224)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.reporting.ComplexityCalculator.getCCNForPackageInternal(ComplexityCalculator.java:194)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.reporting.ComplexityCalculator.getCCNForProject(ComplexityCalculator.java:164)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.reporting.html.HTMLReport.generateTableRowForTotal(HTMLReport.java:704)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.reporting.html.HTMLReport.generateOverview(HTMLReport.java:336)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.reporting.html.HTMLReport.generateOverviews(HTMLReport.java:271)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.reporting.html.HTMLReport.<init>(HTMLReport.java:96)
> >         at
> > net.sourceforge.cobertura.reporting.Main.parseArguments(Main.java:105)
> >         at net.sourceforge.cobertura.reporting.Main.main(Main.java:174)
> > net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.parser.ParseException: Encountered "
> > <FLOATING_POINT_LITERAL> ".0 "" at line 65, column 19.
> > Was expecting one of:
> >     "instanceof" ...
> >     "}" ...
> >     "," ...
> >     ">" ...
> >     "<" ...
> >     "?" ...
> >     "==" ...
> >     "<=" ...
> >     ">=" ...
> >     "!=" ...
> >     "||" ...
> >     "&&" ...
> >     "++" ...
> >     "--" ...
> >     "+" ...
> >     "-" ...
> >     "*" ...
> >     "/" ...
> >     "&" ...
> >     "|" ...
> >     "^" ...
> >     "%" ...
> >     "," ...
> >     "," ...
> >     ">" ...
> >
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.parser.JavaParser.generateParseException(JavaParser.java:10296)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.parser.JavaParser.jj_consume_token(JavaParser.java:10172)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.parser.JavaParser.ArrayInitializer(JavaParser.java:1866)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.parser.JavaParser.VariableInitializer(JavaParser.java:1769)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.parser.JavaParser.VariableDeclarator(JavaParser.java:1728)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.parser.JavaParser.FieldDeclaration(JavaParser.java:1705)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.parser.JavaParser.ClassBodyDeclaration(JavaParser.java:1114)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.parser.JavaParser.ClassBody(JavaParser.java:941)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.parser.JavaParser.UnmodifiedClassDeclaration(JavaParser.java:854)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.parser.JavaParser.ClassDeclaration(JavaParser.java:761)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.parser.JavaParser.TypeDeclaration(JavaParser.java:608)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.parser.JavaParser.CompilationUnit(JavaParser.java:353)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.parser.JavaParser.parse(JavaParser.java:137)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.Javancss._measureSource(Javancss.java:256)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.Javancss._measureRoot(Javancss.java:339)
> >         at
> > net.sourceforge.cobertura.javancss.Javancss.<init>(Javancss.java:419)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.reporting.ComplexityCalculator.getAccumlatedCCNForSource(ComplexityCalculator.java:102)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.reporting.ComplexityCalculator.getAccumlatedCCNForSingleFile(ComplexityCalculator.java:139)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.reporting.ComplexityCalculator.getCCNForSourceFileNameInternal(ComplexityCalculator.java:224)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.reporting.ComplexityCalculator.getCCNForPackageInternal(ComplexityCalculator.java:194)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.reporting.ComplexityCalculator.getCCNForProject(ComplexityCalculator.java:164)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.reporting.html.HTMLReport.generateTableRowForTotal(HTMLReport.java:704)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.reporting.html.HTMLReport.generateOverview(HTMLReport.java:336)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.reporting.html.HTMLReport.generateOverviews(HTMLReport.java:271)
> >         at
> >
> net.sourceforge.cobertura.reporting.html.HTMLReport.<init>(HTMLReport.java:96)
> >         at
> > net.sourceforge.cobertura.reporting.Main.parseArguments(Main.java:105)
> >         at net.sourceforge.cobertura.reporting.Main.main(Main.java:174)
> >
> > [INFO] Cobertura Report generation was successful.
> > [INFO] Generating "PMD Report" report    --- Maven PMD Plugin 2.7.1
> > [INFO]
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > [INFO] BUILD SUCCESSFUL
> > [INFO]
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > [INFO] Total time: 168 minutes 53 seconds
> > [INFO] Finished at: Thu Apr 04 13:49:19 EDT 2013
> > [INFO] Final Memory: 153M/930M
> > [INFO]
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> >
> >
> > On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Luc Maisonobe <luc@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> >> This is a [VOTE] for releasing Apache Commons Math 3.2, based on release
> >> candidate 5.
> >>
> >> This version fixes numerous bugs and adds a few features.
> >>
> >> You can retrieve the various parts here:
> >>
> >> Sources, binaries and release notes:
> >>
> >> <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/math/> (svn revision
> 1728)
> >>
> >> Maven artifacts are here:
> >>
> >> <
> >>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-053/org/apache/commons/commons-math3/3.2/
> >>>
> >>
> >> Details of changes since 3.1.1 are in the release notes:
> >>
> >> <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/math/RELEASE-NOTES.txt>
> >>
> >> <
> >>
> http://people.apache.org/~luc/commons-math-3.2-RC5-site/changes-report.html
> >>>
> >> (will be available only tomorrow morning European time)
> >>
> >> Tag:
> >>
> >> <http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/math/tags/MATH_3_2_RC5/
> >
> >> (svn revision 1463704)
> >>
> >> Site (will be available only tomorrow morning European time):
> >>
> >> <http://people.apache.org/~luc/commons-math-3.2-RC5-site/>
> >>
> >> All reports (CLIRR, RAT, findbugs ...) :
> >>
> >> <
> >>
> http://people.apache.org/~luc/commons-math-3.2-RC5-site/project-reports.html
> >>>
> >>  (will be available only tomorrow morning European time)
> >>
> >> Note that the PMD report shows several violations. A few of them are
> >> false positive (unused method, unused field). A number of them are
> >> voluntary (overriding method that simply calls super) because what we
> >> really need in these cases is to add specific javadoc in the overriding
> >> method. The remaining errors correspond to unused parameters. They are
> >> known and correspond to deprecated method that will be removed in 4.0.
> >> So despite the report is not perfectly clean, in fact everything that
> >> could be fixed in it has already been fixed.
> >>
> >> Votes, please.
> >> This vote will close in 72 hours: 2013-04-05T21:00:00 UTC
> >>
> >>   [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
> >>   [ ] +0 OK, but...
> >>   [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
> >>   [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...
> >>
> >>   Thanks!
> >>
> >> Luc
> >>
> >>
> >> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> >> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org
> >> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@commons.apache.org
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@commons.apache.org
>
>


-- 
E-Mail: garydgregory@gmail.com | ggregory@apache.org
JUnit in Action, 2nd Ed: <http://goog_1249600977>http://bit.ly/ECvg0
Spring Batch in Action: <http://s.apache.org/HOq>http://bit.ly/bqpbCK
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message