commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Codec 1.8-RC4 [Take 3]
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2013 20:06:26 GMT
Am 23.04.2013 23:15, schrieb Gary Gregory:
> On Apr 23, 2013, at 16:54, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 23 April 2013 21:52, Gary Gregory <ggregory@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello All:
>>>
>>> This is a VOTE to release Commons Codec 1.8-RC4 (yes, sigh, /again/)
>>>
>>> Commons Codec 1.8 requires a minimum of Java 1.6
>>>
>>> Changes from 1.8-RC4 VOTE take 2 are:
>>>
>>> NOTHING. In Nexus, I deleted the bin and src archive by mistake.
>>>
>>> Changes from 1.8-RC4 VOTE take 1 are:
>>>
>>> NOTHING. In Nexus, I deleted too many checksum files before trying to
>>> release the repo, so I created a new staging repo:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-129/
>> I think you mean:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-130/
>
> Yes, thank you.
>
> Gary

One proposal for future votes (at least until a final solution for the
problems with unneeded checksums is found):

The artifacts not needed in Nexus should be removed before the vote.
Then, after a successful vote, this error-prone step is already done,
and the staging repository just has to be released.

Oliver