commons-dev mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maison...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [codec] Checkstyle oddities
Date Sun, 07 Apr 2013 07:28:18 GMT
Le 07/04/2013 03:44, Gary Gregory a écrit :
> On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 1:03 PM, Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maisonobe@free.fr> wrote:
>
>> Hi Gary,
>>
>> Le 06/04/2013 18:44, Gary Gregory a écrit :
>>> Does anyone know how to address these checkstyle issues:
>>>
>>> https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-codec/checkstyle.html
>>>
>>> Can you tell CS to use one kind of header for Java files and another for
>>> .properties?
>>>
>>> How does it know how to check XML files?
>>
>> I think this is a bug with the most recent version of the plugin
>> (2.10.x). I got exactly the same thing a few days ago, and in fact
>> checkstyle seems to look at files in the target directory. It even
>> ignores when one tries to force configuration to look only at *.java
>> files or only in src/main/java.
>>
>> I finally end up using version 2.9.1 of the plugin.
>>

> Thank you for the tip.
>
> I backed up to maven-checkstyle-plugin 2.9.1 from 2.10. The drawback: there
> are two reports now. But that's better than 2.10.

I got that too.
I removed the extra report by overriding the report set in the pom:

      <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-checkstyle-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>${math.checkstyle.version}</version>
        <configuration>
          <configLocation>${basedir}/checkstyle.xml</configLocation>
          <enableRulesSummary>false</enableRulesSummary>
          <headerLocation>${basedir}/license-header.txt</headerLocation>
        </configuration>
        <reportSets>
          <reportSet>
            <reports>