commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [all] How to prevent mvn deploy to skip certain artifacts
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2013 04:25:52 GMT
On 04/03/2013 08:29 PM, sebb wrote:
> On 3 April 2013 11:19, Mladen Turk <mturk@apache.org> wrote:
>>>>
>>> Unfortunately that also detaches the archives from the hash generation
>>> process.
>>> So you need to add code (e.g. antrun) to create the hashes.
>>>

>> That's fine. I know how to use md5sum and gpg. No need for ant :)
>>

> The build process is supposed to be reproducibleby others, so the Maven
> issues need to be fixed.

Why? It's a RM's job to sign the files at the time he proposes a vote.
That's the only time this stuff is needed.
The best would be to have some sort of 'dist' target that would prepare
the stuff for non-maven publishing. Other then that there is no reason
to sign or hash the files (as part of standard build process)

>> Anyhow, gpg sign fails for commons-parent #28. #27 and earlier work.
>>

> First I've heard of that.
> CP 28 has been used successfully elsewhere AFAIK.

I'm using Fedora18. I'll try on other OS's.

Regards
--
^TM