commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons Daemon 1.0.15
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2013 10:48:30 GMT
On 04/03/2013 12:14 PM, Jörg Schaible wrote:
> Hi Sebb,
>
> This is the point: They cannot be identical, since the manifest contains
> also stuff like build time, user name, JDK version (snipped):
>
> ============== %< ================
> $ catmf commons-configuration-1.8.jar
> Created-By: Apache Maven Bundle Plugin
> Built-By: oheger
> Build-Jdk: 1.6.0_30
> Implementation-Build: tags/CONFIGURATION_1_8RC1@r1236874; 2012-01-27 2
>   1:39:19+0100
> Bnd-LastModified: 1327696771177
> ============== %< ================
>
> Either we have such information and ensure that it is proper for a released
> jar or we drop it and ensure that someone else can reproduce the *same*
> artifacts (hashes are equal).

And here is the same manifest from Fedora's .rpm
(You can check any commons component. Same stuff)

Implementation-Title: Commons Configuration
Built-By: mockbuild
Tool: Bnd-1.50.0
Implementation-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation
Implementation-Vendor-Id: org.apache
Specification-Version: 1.9
Implementation-Build: UNKNOWN_BRANCH@r??????; 2013-02-13 21:27:51+0000
Archiver-Version: Plexus Archiver

See the point?
Third part will always use our official source distribution. Never SVN tag.
All you guys say that users should use SVN if they don't wish crap in manifiest.
Ain't gonna happen. Sometimes they even cannot, because those automated build
tools a deep behind corporate firewalls etc.

Regards
--
^TM