commons-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1451672 - /commons/proper/ognl/trunk/pom.xml
Date Sat, 02 Mar 2013 18:43:18 GMT
2013/3/2 Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlenart@apache.org>:
> 2013/3/1 Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org>:
>>> -    <commons.scmPubCheckoutDirectory>site-content</commons.scmPubCheckoutDirectory>
>>> +    <commons.scmPubCheckoutDirectory>${project.build.directory}/site-content</commons.scmPubCheckoutDirectory>
>> so if you use mvn clean. You will checkout again the content from svn.
>> The goal with using site-content directory is to do only update rather
>> than a full checkout even when using clean.
>
> Yes, I know and I thought about that a bit, either solution wasn't
> good for me. I don't know how the Commons' release process looks like,
> but in the Struts project we always perform release and site deploy
> base on clear checkout, which means we must checkout the site anyway.

Default from parent is
    <!-- scm publish plugin configuration -->
    <commons.site.cache>${user.home}/commons-sites</commons.site.cache>
    <!-- value modules can override it -->
    <commons.site.path>${project.artifactId}</commons.site.path>
    <commons.scmPubCheckoutDirectory>${commons.site.cache}/${commons.site.path}</commons.scmPubCheckoutDirectory>

IMHO it's better value.Note I added the hack with some antrun for
sites which contains old javadocs which we don't modifiy so no need to
checkout those paths.
With your change as you checkout content to
${project.build.directory}/site-content, it means running mvn clean
site twice you will checkout the content twice. Is it very helpful to
checkout content twice because you're just building the site for
testing purpose ?

> It would be better to keep site content in a separate folder eg.
> ../commons-ognl-site-content or in user home folder - I don't what is
> better.
>

> Regards
> --
> Ɓukasz