commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ALL] Pushing out releases, one component at a time
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 05:25:52 GMT
I'd apply two pithy statements here:

1) Activity begets activity. Start working on something and people
will be attracted.
2) People don't contribute in a vacuum. You have to leave them work to do.

In both cases though, you have to be noticed. People have to see the
activity and they have to see the potential for contribution.

Use twitter to advertise the next piece of dimsum work that someone
can use to get their feet wet.  Look for opinions as well as work.
Start a facebook page and post things confounding the team or status
reports.

Hen