commons-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DBUTILS] [VOTE] Release commons-dbutils 2.0 based on RC1
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 14:42:07 GMT
@author tags are discouraged across ASF Java code; Maven projects can use
the POM, while other projects can use whatever other mechanism they deem
appropriate for establishing a record of contributors.  My personal view is
that the presence of author tags is not so offensive as to hold up a
release.  WRT the Javadoc objection, in general I would say this is a
subjective call (how much does the incorrectness of the Javadoc limit
usability?) and I haven't yet looked at the specific commit(s) in question
(though having stepped into this discussion, I don't see how I can now
avoid it ;)  ).  Bear in mind that a -1 on a release vote constitutes just
a negative vote as opposed to a veto [1].

HTH,
Matt

[1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#ReleaseVotes