commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <>
Subject Re: [OT] Verifying releases Was: svn commit: r1452037 - /commons/proper/beanutils/trunk/src/test/java/org/apache/commons/beanutils/bugs/
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 12:35:44 GMT
Hi All:

It seems to me that we are misusing the term veto. A release cannot be
vetoes, it can be VOTEd on with a -1, which is not a veto, but is usually
interpreted as one, by me, at least, as a courtesy to my fellow PMD member
for putting the time in to care.

You can -1 a commit which is not really a veto either because the change as
already happened and requires someone to do the reverting.

So maybe we should not get all hung up on vetoes.

My beef around here is how $%@^ hard to is make publish a release :(

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 8:25 AM, James Carman