commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [fileupload] please help on reviewing FILEUPLOAD-199
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 09:17:54 GMT
Guten Morgen Jörg!

> Why do we have to shade here anything at all? fileupload is meant to run in
> a JEE environment and javax.mail is then provided.

I see your point, thanks! The reason why I thought shading those 2
classes was a good ideas is because today users are able to use
FileUpload even outside the JEE container, providing their
FileUploadBase extension implementation, that is why I wanted to
reduce the number of JEE dependencies

> What is now different
> with java.xmail compared to the  javax.portlet dependency?

javax.servlet and javax.portlet are not part of the core fileupload
foundation, while javax.mail would be.

Do you know if there's a MimeUtils alternative?
TIA!
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi