commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [fileupload] drop JDK1.3 support, update to 1.5 and bump to 2.0.0
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2013 20:56:16 GMT
Thanks both Gary and Sebb,

> It seems very unlikely that anyone will still be running Java 1.3 or
> Java 1.4, so the change to 1.5 is not likely to concern users, even
> though it is a bit of a jump.
> Is the addition of generics sufficiently significant?

what you said makes perfectly sense, 2.0.0 is not justified ATM, I
just had in mind the [digester] case, which had to be an exception,
once the [pool] case came back in my mind, it reminded me the right
workflow.

I don't have enough time to do a major rewrite, I am rolling back the
version to 1.2.3 and do minor updates.

Thanks again,
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/