commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [fileupload] Uploading large files - DONE
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2013 15:16:22 GMT
Hi Felix!

indeed, we are putting effort on NOT breaking the backwards
compatibility with 1.2.X, we updated to version 1.3 - due to some APIs
update - and I personally planned to cut the next release keeping that
version, so projects like Struts, Sling, ... could adopt it without
feeling pain :)

Thanks a lot for supervising that! :)

Alles Gute!
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 3:54 PM, Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe@adobe.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 06.03.2013 um 14:56 schrieb Simone Tripodi:
>
>> And, just for the sake of putting more steaks on the barbeque, the
>> bundle-plugin takes care of adjusting the version in the MANIFEST.MF
>> according to the SemVer recommendations; version is now 1.3-SNAPSHOT
>> and look below how the MANIFEST.MF has been generated.
>
> So here's the topping: The Commons parent POM has configuration to set the export package
version to the same  as the project version:

>> <commons.osgi.export>org.apache.commons.*;version=${project.version};-noimport:=true</commons.osgi.export>
>
> Which is the background, why I spoke about taking care of the export package version,
should you decide to release as 2.0. This would have exported the packages at 2.0 which in
OSGi semantic versioning terms would constitute a backwards compatibility breaking release,
which is probably not the intent of the Commons project....