commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1457788 - in /commons/proper/fileupload/trunk/src/test/java/org/apache/commons/fileupload/utils: ./ mime/ mime/MimeUtilityTestCase.java
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2013 08:59:41 GMT
Hi Bene,

>> which is the side effect of having them enabled and not used?
>> we are no longer using Revision and Date for the known reason, so even
>> if they are enabled... what's the downside?
>>

> I'm playing the devil's advocate here: aren't you the guy you tries to
> avoid unnecessary code/config as much as possible? I'm thinking of our
> discussions regarding static imports... ;-) IMHO this also applies here.

just for the sake of satisfying the lawyer inside you:

I asked, accidentally without using the `please` word - and please
take note that it is not my usual habit -, to explain where the
_issue_ that needs to be fixed is, on having properties enabled that
are _not used_ - again, this is "unfortunately" my default SVN config
that has to be compliant not just with Commons, which is not the only
project I am involved in.

In this case, my friend, you are overkilling the discussion and rather
than having a tech argumentation here, you are trying to put ME on the
debate - I don't understand what did you want to demonstrate with this
message, or maybe I want to refuse to understand.

Ah, and BTW, at the time of static imports, there was not a problem
that needed a fix: we had two different opinions and you put efforts
on proving that mine was wrong, where at the end of the day what
emerged is that both are valid.

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/