commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Becksfort, Jared" <Jared.Becksf...@STJUDE.ORG>
Subject [math] Expectation Maximization Code Location
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2013 14:32:09 GMT
Hello,

I recently submitted some code for the fitting of multivariate normal mixture model distributions
to data using the Expectation Maximization algorithm.  I placed the code in the o.a.c.m.optimization.fitting
package.  Gilles wonders if it would make more sense to have it in the o.a.c.m.distribution.fitting
package.  That may be true.

Any thoughts?  Either one is fine by me.  EM is an optimization algorithm and it also fits
distributions.  It uses a lot of the code from o.a.c.m.distribution and none from o.a.c.m.optimization,
so that may imply that it would make sense to move it.

The code is not yet committed.  Here is the link: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MATH-817

Thanks,
Jared

Email Disclaimer: www.stjude.org/emaildisclaimer