commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [all] Source and binary distributions in Maven
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2013 15:20:29 GMT
On 03/28/2013 03:33 PM, Simone Tripodi wrote:
> I don't think we can speak about "standard" practices, but Maven
> itself[1] publishes -src and -bin artifacts on the central repo.
>
> +1 on NOT publishing them on central repo, but we should find an
> automated way to deploy them on SvnPubSub along the signature and
> checksums.

Well, I find it a bit discriminating to host only java code with Maven ;)

With binaries (even native like with daemon) one can easily create a pom
that would pull everything without the need to setup gazillion of
main/archive/mirror sites, etc.
What's more I'm tending to see SvnPubSub (actually a handy wrapper over ssh/sftp)
as a backup method rather then a main distribution method.

Regards
--
^TM