commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [math] releasing 3.2?
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2013 22:03:52 GMT
On 3/25/13 8:52 AM, Luc Maisonobe wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Le 23/03/2013 16:30, Thomas Neidhart a écrit :
>> On 03/04/2013 01:57 PM, Gilles wrote:
>>> Hello.

>>> How soon?
>>> There are many unresolved issues targetting 3.2.
>>> There is at least one bug with no fix target (MATH-936).
>>
>>> There is at least one contribution requiring some feedback (MATH-917).
>> I have added a first patch and would love to get some feedback.
> It seems we are really close to releasing now. I guess MATH-817 will be
> resolved soon. What seems to be achievable in a short time frame would be:
>
>   - wrapping up MATH-917 as Thomas proposed,
>   - finishing MATH-437 (Kolmogorov-Smirnov), and perhaps also
>     MATH-228 at the same time
See comment just added to MATH-437.  I am working on it, but not
ready to commit to API, so say bump this to 3.3/4.0.

One thing I did not mention in the MATH-437 comment.  While I think
we should not do it in the K-S case, because the dist itself has
little value and much numeric instability, the approximation tricks
in your patch are interesting and might merit inclusion in
AbstractRealDistribution (which actually is where the impls belong).

Phil