commons-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DBUTILS] Working on a DBUtils 2.0 Release Candidate
Date Sun, 10 Mar 2013 22:07:35 GMT
On 03/10/2013 04:53 PM, William Speirs wrote:
> As the subject implies, I'm trying to get a release candidate ready for
> DBUtils 2.0. I haven't heard any feedback from the community on my changes,
> so I'm going to assume everyone loves them ;-)
>
> A few issues I'm running into:
>
> 1) Clirr is trying to compare my 2.0 release with version 1.5. How do I
> "reset" this? I fully expect 2.0 to be 100% incompatible with 1.5.
>
> 2) Checkstyle appears to be run multiple times. There are 2 Checkstyle
> links on the resulting site and the first link reports all of the errors
> twice. Any thoughts on how to fix this? It's currently like that, but I'd
> like to fix it for this new release if possible.

You can disable the aggregate report by defining your own reportSet like
this:

  <reporting>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-checkstyle-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>${checkstyle.version}</version>

        <reportSets>
          <reportSet>
            <reports>
              <report>checkstyle</report>
            </reports>
          </reportSet>
        </reportSets>

> 3) When I run mvn site I get an error downloading issues from JIRA:
> org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Failed to parse JIRA XML.
> Any thoughts on this one?

try updating to commons-parent version 28 (you will need it anyway for
the release). This configuration from commons-math (see
maven-changes-plugin configuration) works, so you may try this one
(especially the fixVersionIds setting).

> 4) Because this release will have different maven coordinates, do we need
> to setup/change something in Nexus? I know ZERO about release libraries, so
> any help here would be greatly appreciated.

if the groupId is org.apache.commons it should work, otherwise you may
need to create an INFRA ticket (see for example INFRA-5942).

> 5) I'd really like some feedback on the redesign... do people hate it, love
> it, or ambivalent?

Thomas