commons-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release Apache Commons-FileUpload 1.3 based on RC1
Date Sat, 09 Mar 2013 14:31:53 GMT
On 03/09/2013 03:23 PM, Simone Tripodi wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> The user proposed a solution - without a patch - that, in his opinion,
> should work.
> We do not have a testcase which proves the reported issue, which would
> affect all past FileUpload releases.
>
> So, my question (to everybody) is: could the resolution of that issue
> postponed to 1.3.1 or it is a blocker for 1.3?
> TIA,

I do not think its the responsibility of the users that our provided
software is bug-free. If they do submit patches, great, if not, somebody
has to step in.

The more interesting question for me is if there is any specific reason
why this component has to be rushed out? Any important bugfix that
somebody needs? I ask, because I see more bugs which seem to be easy to
fix. Do you need help for that?

Thomas