commons-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [BeanUtils] Next release 1.8.4 or 1.9?
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 20:29:14 GMT
Am 01.03.2013 09:20, schrieb Benedikt Ritter:
> Hi Oliver,
>
>
> 2013/2/28 Oliver Heger <oliver.heger@oliver-heger.de>
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am 28.02.2013 14:28, schrieb Benedikt Ritter:
>>
>>   2013/2/23 Benedikt Ritter <britter@apache.org>
>>>
>>>   Hi,
>>>>
>>>> I just wanted to start a discussion whether we should push out a bugfix
>>>> release or start to work on new features right away and release a 1.9
>>>> (including bug fixes of course ;-)
>>>>
>>>> Benedikt
>>>>
>>>>
>>> I have looked through a lot of issues in the meantime. There are currently
>>> at least 11 bugs that could be fixed in 1.8.4. So IMHO it makes sense to
>>> push out a 1.8.4 and start working on new features afterwards.
>>> I'd like to hear Olivers thoughts about this, as I think he needs new
>>> features for the next [configuration] release.
>>>
>>
>> I started working on a patch for BEANUTILS-425, so I hope to get this in
>> in near future. This is what I would need for a new [configuration]
>> release. However, before this can happen, there are lots of things to do.
>> So no need to hurry.
>>
>>
> Didn't know that you're already working on that. Can you assign the issue
> to yourself?
>
>
>> That said, I think it is a valid option to skip the maintenance release
>> and go directly to the feature release, even if this takes a little longer.
>> (The last release was long ago, so a few weeks/months do not make a
>> difference.)
>>
>> But if you have free time available and want to go ahead, just do it.
>>
>
> No, you're probably right, a few month more make no difference and I'd
> really like to work on BEANUTILS-406 [1]. I don't know which impact the
> decision to do a 1.9 next has on Jira (fix versions etc.). Can you do the
> necessary changes?
I think until we make a final decision and start with release 
preparations there is no need to update Jira properties. When time 
comes, it is possible to do some batch updates to change fix versions 
for all affected issues.

Oliver

>
> Benedikt
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEANUTILS-406
>
>
>>
>> Oliver
>>
>>
>>
>>> Benedikt
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>> --
>>>> http://people.apache.org/~**britter/<http://people.apache.org/~britter/>
>>>> http://www.systemoutprintln.**de/ <http://www.systemoutprintln.de/>
>>>> http://twitter.com/**BenediktRitter <http://twitter.com/BenediktRitter>
>>>> http://github.com/britter
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>> ------------------------------**------------------------------**---------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@commons.**apache.org<dev-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org>
>> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@commons.apache.org
>>
>>
>
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@commons.apache.org


Mime
View raw message