commons-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [fileupload] Uploading large files - DONE
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 09:58:28 GMT
Hi Simo

Thanks for confirming. Very much appreciated.

Regards
Felix

Am 06.03.2013 um 16:16 schrieb Simone Tripodi:

> Hi Felix!
>
> indeed, we are putting effort on NOT breaking the backwards
> compatibility with 1.2.X, we updated to version 1.3 - due to some APIs
> update - and I personally planned to cut the next release keeping that
> version, so projects like Struts, Sling, ... could adopt it without
> feeling pain :)
>
> Thanks a lot for supervising that! :)
>
> Alles Gute!
> -Simo

> http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
> http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
> http://www.99soft.org/
>

> On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 3:54 PM, Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe@adobe.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am 06.03.2013 um 14:56 schrieb Simone Tripodi:
>>
>>> And, just for the sake of putting more steaks on the barbeque, the
>>> bundle-plugin takes care of adjusting the version in the MANIFEST.MF
>>> according to the SemVer recommendations; version is now 1.3-SNAPSHOT
>>> and look below how the MANIFEST.MF has been generated.
>>
>> So here's the topping: The Commons parent POM has configuration to set the export
package version to the same  as the project version:

>>> <commons.osgi.export>org.apache.commons.*;version=${project.version};-noimport:=true</commons.osgi.export>
>>
>> Which is the background, why I spoke about taking care of the export package version,
should you decide to release as 2.0. This would have exported the packages at 2.0 which in
OSGi semantic versioning terms would constitute a backwards compatibility breaking release,
which is probably not the intent of the Commons project....

>> Regards
>> Felix
>>

>>> alles gute!
>>> -Simo
>>>
>>> $ cat target/osgi/MANIFEST.MF
>>> Manifest-Version: 1.0
>>> Bnd-LastModified: 1362567127928
>>> Build-Jdk: 1.6.0_37
>>> Built-By: stripodi
>>> Bundle-Description: The FileUpload component provides a simple yet flexi
>>> ble means of adding support for multipart    file upload functionality
>>> to servlets and web applications.
>>> Bundle-DocURL: http://commons.apache.org/fileupload/
>>> Bundle-License: http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.txt
>>> Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
>>> Bundle-Name: Commons FileUpload
>>> Bundle-SymbolicName: org.apache.commons.fileupload
>>> Bundle-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation
>>> Bundle-Version: 1.3.0.SNAPSHOT
>>> Created-By: Apache Maven Bundle Plugin
>>> DynamicImport-Package: javax.portlet
>>> Export-Package: org.apache.commons.fileupload.util;version="1.3.0.SNAPSH
>>> OT",org.apache.commons.fileupload.disk;version="1.3.0.SNAPSHOT",org.apa
>>> che.commons.fileupload;version="1.3.0.SNAPSHOT",org.apache.commons.file
>>> upload.servlet;version="1.3.0.SNAPSHOT",org.apache.commons.fileupload.p