commons-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [fileupload] please help on reviewing FILEUPLOAD-199
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2013 12:13:52 GMT
Hi,

Am 12.03.2013 um 11:15 schrieb Simone Tripodi:

> Hi all guys,
>
> due to FILEUPLOAD-199, I shaded 2 classes from javax.mail package to
> support RFC2047 header values, I kindly ask you a couple of feedbacks
> about:
>
> * verify the shaded jar works in an integration test, if some of you
> has an application where experimenting the current SNAPSHOT;
>
> * review the legals: I updated the LICENSE file in order to clarify
> that commons-fileupload ships the javax.mail external classes;
>
> Please note that, when shading, I relocated the javax.mail classes
> under o.a.c.fileupload.utils.javax.mail package in order to avoid
> potential collisions in the classpath with javax.mail.* classes
> provided by the container where fileupload is deployed.

While it looks like the new packages are not exported (which is good), I now get an import
on javax.mail.internet. I don't think this makes sense.

Also the embedded MimeUtility class has refernces to the com.sun.mail.util and javax.activation
packages. I am not sure, how this behaves in an OSGi container.

Regards
Felix

> Many thanks in advance, all the best!
> -Simo

> http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
> http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
> http://www.99soft.org/

Felix Meschberger | Principal Scientist | Adobe