commons-dev mailing list archives

From Fran Lattanzio <syen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [math] Question regarding use of CM - who is using it?
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 15:05:42 GMT
Hi,

We use CM in an options analytics package. Some of the interesting usages are:
1. Implied vol calculations (a semi-fancy root find over function with
no closed forms).
2. Dividend projections.
3. Option greeks (partial derivatives of value function), both
automatic and numerical.
4. Non-linear model fitting (vol smile and surface models, for example).
5. Yield curve stripping and interpolation/extrapolation.
6. Non-parametric smoothing.

There are many more. CM is central to what the package does.

F.