commons-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ALL] How to handle static imports [was: Re: svn commit: r1441784 - /commons/sandbox/beanutils2/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/beanutils2/PropertyDescriptorsRegistry.java]
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 03:44:12 GMT
I would say that in general the Commons libraries favor *creating* APIs
such that intent reads most fluently by *not* using static imports.  I
would venture to say that given the examples of when static imports might
be desirable, a good rule of thumb wrt *use* of static imports would again
be "which way does intent read most fluently?"

Using this approach, the answer would be:  it depends on the library
defining the static member.

Matt